The cancellation, refund, exchange and return policies for all merchandise purchases in person at the Strategy Games Store or online (online purchase) on the strategygames.ca website, are as follows:
- No refund on return of goods.
- Exchanges with in-store material are possible (subject to approbation), within 14 days of the date of purchase, with the sales receipt and the original packaging of the product.
- Defective games or games with missing parts will be replaced by an identical or similar product, otherwise a refund will be issued.
- No exchange on software and books. Replacement of defective products only.
- The purchase of a used book is a final sale (no refund or exchange).
- Purchases of apparel (t-shirt, cap, toque) constitute a final sale (no refund or exchange).
- Discounted goods constitute a final sale (no refund or exchange).
Special situations for online purchases
Goods lost or damaged during transit by Canada Post will be replaced by the store if stocks allow. Damaged goods must be returned to the sender, at the expense of the Strategy Games, for the replacement of the merchandise or for any other reason. A refund will be allows when the product is not available. Shipping and handling costs are not reimbursed by Strategy Games when the merchandise is the subject of an authorized return. An order can only be canceled if it has not been shipped. Telephone messages or emails sent to the company do not guarantee that the shipping process has been stopped.
A 20% non-refundable deposit will be required for any special order.
For any equipment rental
A security deposit is required, which covers the value of the rental items.
Gift certificates are redeemable at the Strategy Games store for the purchase of books or materials only. Not applicable for registration fees of tournaments, day camps, the Saturday chess club or chess lessons organized by the Chess’n Math Association. No cash value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. The value of the gift certificate must be used in one visit to the store. No balance will be carried over. Gift certificates are not processed by our online store. Gift certificate holders should contact the Montreal head office to use their certificates when making an online purchase.